Sunday, October 21, 2007

Beef Tater Bake

1 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion, minced
1 16 oz. pkg. tater tots
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of potato soup
1 can green beans
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 350°. Brown beef and onion in skillet; drain. Make an even layer of beef in bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Cover with beans. Add 1 layer of frozen tater tots, completely covering beef and onions. Add soups, pouring evenly over mixture. Top with grated cheese. Bake 1 hour.

**Recipe adapted from MOM

**This is another family favorite. When I was little, I threw up one night after we'd had this for dinner. (Just because - it had nothing to do with dinner!) I refused to eat Beef Tater Bake for years after that! Now I'm sorry I missed out on it so many years.

**This is best when it's cooked a wee bit too long and the cheddar gets all crusty and greasy. Mmm...

No comments: